Thursday, May 18, 2006

Maori Welcome in Tokyo

Watch clips from a Maori performance welcoming Tokyo residents to the screening of River Queen at the New Zealand Film Festival 2006, held in Roppongi on May 11-14.

River Queen by Vincent Ward stars Samantha Morton, Kiefer Sutherland, Cliff Curtis and Temuera Morrison and is one of my favourite movies so I was excited that it could be viewed by a Japanese audience.

I grew up in Wanganui, near where the movie was shot in New Zealand, and was so happy to be able to show my friends places I love, like Kai Iwi Beach and the Whanganui River (which stole the show). Its well worth the journey. I go every year!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi i loved the cheeky squirrel. Also liked the way you linked up to see Wanganui

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home